Hello, my friends! The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers (of which I am a very proud member) has put together a really super-fun, awesome anthology of stories about our favorite characters just for you! We created TURNING THE TIED to benefit the World Literacy Foundation. I have included the amazing Table of Contents AND buy links to pre-order this puppy before we go on sale March 13.
TURNING THE TIED SMORGASBORD OF DELIGHTS BRAIN NOM NOM NOM
(Table of Contents)
- Introduction by Raymond Benson
- Mina Harker: “Formerly, Miss Mina Murray” by Greg Cox
- Sherlock Holmes: “The Adventure of Leonardo’s Smile” by Max Allan Collins & Matthew V. Clemens
- Kit Carson & Allan Quatermain: “Inappropriate Allies” by David Boop
- Ayesha: “In Earth and Sky and Sea Strange Things There Be” by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- John Carter: “The Death Song of Dwar Guntha” by Jonathan Maberry
- Hua Mulan: “Building Bridges” by Rigel Ailur
- Frida Kahlo: “Paraíso” by Yvonne Navarro
- Sinbad: “A Model Sailor” by Aaron Rosenberg
- Tales of Asgard: “The Trials of Baldur” by Will McDermott
- Hopalong Cassidy: “Behind the Tonto Rim” by Jeff Mariotte
- The Worlds of H.G. Wells: “In the Time of the Martians” by Scott Pearson
- Ozma of Oz: “A Prisoner Freed in Oz” by Marsheila Rockwell
- Space Patrol: “The Comet Cannon of Planet X” by Robert Vardeman
- Octobriana: “The Magic of Nadia” by Weston Ochse
- The Cats of Ulthar: “The Truth About the Cats of Ulthar” by Jennifer Brozek
- Herne the Hunter: “Children of the Wild” by Tim Waggoner
- Dracula: “Blood of Dracula” by Stephen D. Sullivan
- Sherlock Holmes: “A Study in Crimson” by Derek Tyler Attico
- Dr. Nikola: “Legacy” by Robert Greenberger
- War of the Worlds: “Loose Threads” by Ben H. Rome
- “Cyrano de Bergerac and Baron Munchausen Go to Mars” by Steven Paul Leiva
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: “What Men Ruin, We Shall Raise” by Kelli Fitzpatrick
- The Ghost of Christmas Past: “Let Nothing You Dismay” by Jean Rabe
- Frankenstein’s Monster: “Catfather” by Nancy Holder
- A Word from the President by Jonathan Maberry
You can pre-order the ebook of Turning the Tied from Amazon now for a March 13th release. The same day the paperback edition will be available.
About my story: As some of you know, I am a Mary Shelley fangirl. I’ve written stories and articles about Mary Shelley and Frankenstein AND I am up for a Bram Stoker Award RIGHT NOW with my graphic novel, Mary Shelley Presents. I also received the IMATW 2019 Faust Grand Master Award and a Best Novel Award. I know my tie-in stuff, and let me tell you, this book is awesome. It is a TRUE labor of love for all us scribes and we hope you will support the work of the World Literacy Foundation by purchasing a copy or six!
I learned something lovely while I was researching my story: In Islamic tradition, one of the friends of the Prophet was Abu Hurairah (“The Father of the Kitten”) who was known for his attachment to (and protection of) cats. In French, he is Père des Chats. It is meritorious to be kind of these sweet, clean animals. Is the Frankenstein Creature such a one? Read my story ad find out!